Italian American Gentleman.

My photo
OHIO, United States
Born Detroit at East Side General Hospital, raised in Ohio & Detroit, Progressive Democrat, Politically Active, an Engaged Citizen of the USA. Italiano Americano have lived and worked in Oregon, Indiana, Chicago, Boston, Vermont, Maryland,New York and a few places in between at times; "for Here we have no lasting city, we seek the one that is to come." (Hebrews 13:14)

Welcome visitors. Stay a while please.

To my friends and family. Here is my web page. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Vermont Farm

Vermont Farm
I lived in Vermont & it is gorgeous

View from my Home in Vermont

View from my Home in Vermont
Bennington Battle Field Monument

Monday, November 20, 2006

Itinerant Franciscans



On my way into Massachusetts from Vermont today, I picked up two itinerant Franciscan monks, one a brother, the other a priest. We traveled about 70 miles together and had a great time talking and praying before we had to part company. I gave the Priest my address and phone number and hope to see them again when they return to Vermont. I told Father Joseph that I was wearing a new scapular and he dug around in his backpack and took out some prayer books in the back seat of my car and entered me into the scapular with a prayer from the book while we were driving along.

November 2007:


Its been a year since I picked these monks up on the side of the road. I asked Father Joseph to be my spiritual director and he agreed. We have met in Vermont and Massachusetts when he passes through and I have enjoyed having him as my first spiritual director. It has been helpful in my journey to see him every couple of months.

I met him twice at a lumber mill along side a road in a gorgeous valley. The lumber mill is owned by Catholics and Father Joseph has permission to enter the offices when he passes through to minister to people. Also, I have had to transport him and other monks to Williams College in Williamstown Massachusetts as he ministers there.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Thanks for visiting my holy card blog and your very kind remark.
Looks like you stopped blogging...any reason? I'd like to hear more about the two "itinerant Franciscans" you gave a ride to. Sounds interesting.
Also, I was interested to read about Italy....we are leaving in ONE day for our first trip to Rome, Florence, Assisi, Lucca, Venice. Can't wait.