Italian American Gentleman.

My photo
OHIO, United States
Born Detroit at East Side General Hospital, raised in Ohio & Detroit, Progressive Democrat, Politically Active, an Engaged Citizen of the USA. Italiano Americano have lived and worked in Oregon, Indiana, Chicago, Boston, Vermont, Maryland,New York and a few places in between at times; "for Here we have no lasting city, we seek the one that is to come." (Hebrews 13:14)

Welcome visitors. Stay a while please.

To my friends and family. Here is my web page. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Vermont Farm

Vermont Farm
I lived in Vermont & it is gorgeous

View from my Home in Vermont

View from my Home in Vermont
Bennington Battle Field Monument

Monday, August 20, 2012

Ohio's Electorate Problem

" I Know I got Snookered (at the Polls)". "That Weren't Nice"....."Oh, well".......disenfranchised Ohio voter

I was raised in Ohio, in the suburbs on the East side of Cleveland. I went to college in Athens and Columbus and have traveled through the south west area and western areas of Ohio extensively.  I still have family in Cleveland, Akron and Canton, and Cincinnati.  I know this state and I know its people.  When reports come in that voters were disenfranchised, I know the neighborhoods, I lived there. When Mitt Romney has a photo opportunity with coal miners, I know the place and the people.  They were my classmates in school.  I visited their small towns and the mines, even though I was a city boy. When voters were disenfranchised in Ohio back in 2004, I visited Cleveland to spend some time with family. When I told my father about the voting problems downstate, he replied: "We didn't have any problem here" (in the affluent suburbs east of Cleveland).  Sigh. I didn't even try to explain it.  Honest "plain dealers" [Plain Dealer is the Cleveland newspaper] are not wired to believe that dirty tricks can disenfranchise people, especially since they did not have a problem where they live.  They choose to believe smooth sailing prevailed everywhere.  This is the complacency of the Ohio citizen:  "Don't confront with me any truths."

What was even more amazing was that there was absolutely no coverage of the downstate problems in the Cleveland media market.
NONE!

No comments: